Whatever happened to the rule about being quiet in a library? As many of you know, my husband and I have to go to the library to use the Internet because we can’t get a signal at home.
These are a few of the things we have experienced:
- There is an after school program in their community room attached to the library, enough said.
- Parents allow children to run through the library giggling and yelling.
- People chat loudly to each other.
- People chat loudly to the staff.
- The staff instruct people on use of the computers.
- People using the computers chat to each other.
- A man had on his headphones and kept making these weird mouth noises (sitting next to me).
- Currently, a woman is crunching food very loudly (sitting where the man above sat which is next to me).
- People talk on their cells.
Meanwhile, Danny and I are whispering to each other because we grew up in the era of quiet libraries. I even use my whispering voice to women in the restroom at the library.😆 While I am happy to have a nice accommodating place where I can use the Internet for free, I have worked in libraries so I am conditioned to QUIET! I suppose it is my problem for being so easily distracted. Meanwhile, I will have to go along to get along.😀